Setting Up Your POP or IMAP Email Address in Microsoft Outlook 2007
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook 2007® to work with your e-mail account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook. You can set up previous versions of Microsoft Outlook by using the settings in this tutorial.
Open Outlook. Select Account Settings… from the Tools menu.
On the E-mail tab, click New.
Select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click Next.
Select Internet E-mail and click Next.
Enter the following information for E-mail Accounts.
- Your Name: Enter the name you wish recipients to see when they receive your message.
- Email Address:This is the address that your contacts’ email program will reply to your messages. This is also the address that will get recorded in your contacts’ address book if they add you as a contact.
- Account Type: POP3
- Incoming mail server: Enter mail.yourdomainnamehere.co.za
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Enter preferably your isp’s smtp settings or alternatively use ours mail.yourdomainnamehere.co.za
- User Name: Enter your full e-mail address
- Password: If you wish for Outlook to save your password, check the box labeled Remember Password and enter your password in the text field.
- Click More Settings…
Click on the Outgoing Server tab, and check the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Then choose to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Incoming Server (POP3), the port number should be set to 110.
- Under Outgoing Server (SMTP), the port number should be set to 587.
Click Next. Click Finish.